Quest® GelBy admin | October 13, 2016 | Blog
Your choice for safe, broad-spectrum control of internal parasites.
- QUEST (moxidectin) kills encysted cyathostomes in a single dose, including adult and larval stages.1
- Provides fecal egg suppression twice as long as Eqvalan®.2
- Easy to administer with new Sure-Dial™ syringe. Unique gel dissolves instantly in horse’s mouth – reducing spit out and stress.
- Yearlong protection against small strongyles in just three easy treatments.
- Unique chemistry means dewormer rotation is not required.
QUEST protects much longer than Eqvalan®3
36 horses, one to two years old, divided into three groups:
- 12 treated with QUEST Gel at zero, 90 and 180 days
- 12 treated with Eqvalan (ivermectin) on days zero, 60, 120 and 180 days
- 12 untreated controls
- Horses kept on common pasture from day zero to 180 then on separate pastures.
- Fecal egg counts performed every 30 days.
Highly effective against natural strongyle infections.4
- 16 ponies, 12-18 months allocated to two groups – one group treated with QUEST one group as control.
- Ponies euthanized after eight weeks and examined for worms.
- Results demonstrate QUEST was highly effective against adult and larval stages.
Outstanding safety record in horses everywhere.
QUEST Gel has an outstanding history of safety and efficacy. Extensive toxicity studies have shown no link to exist between the use of QUEST and any health risk, including colic.
In numerous trials, QUEST has proven safe in:
- Horses of variable ages given two to five times the label dose on multiple days.
- Pregnant mares given three times the label dose every two weeks for two consecutive gestation periods with no adverse signs to mares or foals.
- Young foals given three times or greater the label dose. Some foals experienced ataxia and lethargy, which was resolved with supportive care.
- Foals of the same age given label dose which showed no adverse signs.